Re: Openerp accounting constraints module -> ideas?

Dear Olivier,

We started to work on the account constraints that would be welcome on OpenERP a few weeks ago. Right after our impulsion, you suggested to bring all visions and ideas on this pad: http://pad.openerp.com/p/accounting-constraints

In the mean time, I wrote a module for one of our customer on v5.0 that bring the most urgent constraints. This module is quite custom, but it's a good starts as we know now it's working on a production system. That means, people can work and live with those constraints.

We really think this is a very important point to get into the v7.0. This also answer legal need in some country (at least true for France, Austria and Switzerland, but probably for lots of others as well). To avoid having to install a module for that in version 7.0, we strongly vote here for you to implements those constraints in the core.

To ease this work, we decided with Frederic to take time today  to summarize all the suggestions at the bottom of the pad (http://pad.openerp.com/p/accounting-constraints), taking car of all returns people made. All those constraints will be very much appreciated.

Concerning the way to work normally with those constraints, I mean with not too much work overhead, we would suggest to always have the accounting entries of the current period in draft. This way, you can benefit of the constraints on all the validated work, and have a kind of ease to use on the current one. This would as well means that OpenERP should have a way to generate all accounting entries in draft (even invoices, bank statement, and so on). This is the way other accounting software are working as well. This is simple to understand, simple to implement and just work well.

After testing this on real production world, it worked like a Swiss watch ;) ! So my question is the following: could we count on you and your team to implement those constraints in v7.0 (as described on the pad) ?

Thank you for your feed-back,

Cheers,

Joël

--