Re: About Prepayment in ecommerce workflow

2013/11/20 Gustavo Adrian Marino <gamarino@xxxxxxxxx>

>  That's why it is important for customer to invoice the prepayment
> separatly from invoice of the actual goods (part of the payment could be
> considered by the customer as fiscal credit, and thus effective prepayment
> is reduced - as much as 21% actually!).

Gustavo.

You are mixing 2 different concepts.

VAT does't have relation with Account move line treatment. (technically
speaking)

But yes the leak of this is real too! but is more complex that what you
point in your example.

One thing is for sure technically necessary is the fact that "Payment" and
"Invoice" must be able to be done in separate moments considering all the
cases.

In OpenERP default behavior is "Payment before Invoice" and 100% of times
"VAT invoiced" is recorded never "VAT Received / Delivered"

But again. Discussion is not regarding VAT (which should be treated
separately in different "Moments") the issue is that:
'''
A prepaid expense might be recorded initially as 1) an expense, or 2) as an
asset.
'''

In terms of suppliers and
customers is basically more simple.
''''
A prepaid sale might be recorded initially as 1) an income.
''''

In both cases taxes must be treated in 2 options.

1.- Separated Journal entries __or__
2.- The same journal entry (with extra computation in the period you
declare your fiscal statemens to goverment).

And in both cases we are not mentioning the "Invoicing Process" which is
different and bring a different approach.

I hope it helps to clarify and may be I confuse everybody more than the
beginning of the topic.

The links shared by Frederic is really well explained.

My point is that in OpenERP we should decide if we will use GaaP and/or
IFRS ond/or "other" :-s because there is some differences between them.

IMHO: GaaP is so subjective, and it is confused with "locally accepted
practices" which depends almost always of 2 or 3 local books/softwares but
they are not "Rules" they are "Paradigms" -some times- and basic "Market
Rules" not even accepted by Accounting Schools.

Regards.
--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales