Re: account_constraints check date in fiscal year

> You CANNOT assume that the date of a transaction or the date that is on a
> document is the date that is relevant to the transaction itself.

Agreed.

You are talking in terms of Purchase Invoices.

Totally agreed, we need an extra date on this document.

But the "actual" date is the one forced on the document itself, we need an
extra field for reporting reasons.

We solved these specific leak with a so basic module.

but, I give you the reason, what I can not see is what is wrong with
OpenERP today, OpenERP "propose" (today) and it can be forced to be
different, can you tell me wht exactly is the issue?

About periodicity and transaction dates, we base our PoV here, just to
avoid explain and re-explain points that are clear, I got better your point
now, what I can't see is the specific problem with OpenERP:

http://www.principlesofaccounting.com/chapter3/chapter3.html#Measurement

Can somebody tell us what of these specific situations can not be used in
OpenERP today due to constraint?

Thanks.

--
--------------------