Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

Hello

after spending really too much time at doing, that, here is the extraction
of the 6.1 financial extra-addons:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/financial-extra-addons

To extract it, I used the brute force script I described previously (not
using any bzr broken tooling but only bzr revert and brute force file copy)
The command is:

/home/rvalyi/Downloads/bzr-super-replay2
/opt/openerp/branch/ref/61/extra-trunk 3000 -m account_payment_extension
purchase_payment sale_payment pxgo_bank_statement_analytic
pxgo_cash_statement pxgo_bank_statement_running_balance paydays
nan_account_bank_statement --hide-translation --hide_merge

while the bzr-super-replay2 script is https://gist.github.com/4018293

So you can download the script and run it too.
Make sure you have the mixlib-shellout gem installed with the following
command:
gem install mixlib-shellout --no-ri --no-rdoc

The extracted financial addons are:

account_payment_extension
paydays
pxgo_bank_statement_analytic
pxgo_cash_statement
nan_account_bank_statement
purchase_payment
pxgo_bank_statement_running_balance
sale_payment

The extraction took something like 5 minutes on a laptop with Intel(R)
Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz CPU's (the extraction is mono process
anyway).

If you want to extract a particular set of extra-addons, you can also ask
me to do it for you.

Next we should create a proper Launchpad project and groups to manage these
extracted branches.

Does the branch looks good enough for you?
NB: the last commit is a merge that was pending in the extra-addons, but I
kind of assumed from here the development has to happen in the new
extracted branch from now on.

Thoughts?

Enjoy!

--