openerp-i18n-de team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Best practise advise for translators
it is very important to know that it helps to copy+paste sometimes existing
translations of "old" OpenERP 7.0 installation. I would recommend
translators to use a VMWare appliance
<https://s3.amazonaws.com/openerp-vmware/OpenERP-7-VA-Community.zip> to do
that inside their local network.
To prepare this very helpful *"Copy + Paste" feature* you only have to do
two things to prepare yourself:
1. create a database with your language (f.e. german) and example data.
It is also described here <http://www.openbig.org/en/openerp-vm-quickstart> if
you want to use this fresh V7.0 VM appliance.
2. Then install the modules you want to translate. Usually i start to
install all the main apps. If you proceed further with other extensions
f.e. crm_helpdesk, sale_margin or other extra-addons you have to install
the modules you want to translate at first.
How to use Copy/Paste of existing translations from launchpad perspective:
1. If you may expect a untranslated term as already translated in V7,
choose a unique fragment of this original term (from this example
10 on this side i choose the term "log the summary" and strg+c)
2. Then open the following menu in your OpenERP V7.0 database:
For germans it is: Einstellungen / Übersetzungen / Begriffe / Übersetzte
In english it's something like this:
Settings / Translations / Terms / Translated Terms
For sure the exact path depends of your language.
3. In the search box paste your copied fragment or edit a unique word in
the search field. *Take care of choosing "Quelle" ("Source") as the field
you want to search for the term.* Then in many cases you may find the entry
as already translated in V7.0
4. Then again Copy + Paste the translated term from OpenERP 7.0 ->
launchpad field "New translation"
5. Do eventually the minor fix you have to do. (f.e. change OpenERP ->
My experience is that we may expect much faster and more accurate
as the existing translated terms usually was already reviewed in prior
Phone: +49 4471 8409000