Re: Mime-Type / Icon question

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 16:26 -0500, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> They are not XML, they are binary files.  So, I guess that answers the
> next question too.  =)

And suggests evolving to an XML format (SMIL maybe)? :p

> That sounds good about the Mime Types.  Does this mean that OpenShot
> will now show up in the list of installed applications in Ubuntu?  Or
> is that yet another file we need to configure?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the "list of installed
applications" ?

If you mean in the "Applications > Sound & Video" menu, that is a result
of the "openshot.desktop" file.

If you mean in the list of packages shown by dpk-query -l, or synaptic
or aptitude, that is a result of the fact it installs from the
"openshot.deb".

If you mean the "Applications > Add/Remove..." I *believe* OpenShot
should appear once it is available from a (PPA) archive repository.