Re: Mime-Type / Icon question

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 16:26 -0500, Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> That sounds good about the Mime Types.  Does this mean that OpenShot
> will now show up in the list of installed applications in Ubuntu?  Or
> is that yet another file we need to configure?

I should have searched a bit harder and I could have told you how the
"Applications > Add/Remove..." entry is added!

"openshot.desktop" needs the following line adding:

X-AppInstall-Package=openshot

and the  Debian package's postinst script needs to run:

update-app-install

I'll add that functionality to the package.