openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Tempest Gating

David Kranz <david.kranz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks, Jim. It seems that the tests are passing after the submission
> to skip some tests. That still leaves the problem of figuring out what
> the problems are. I want to file a bug about the fact that there are
> backtraces in the n-cpu log even on a "successful" build. I would
> include a link to the log such as
> https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/gate-tempest-devstack-vm/8798/artifact/logs/screen-n-cpu.txt
> but I am not sure how long these
> links live. Can I put such a link in a bug ticket? If not, the whole
> directory of artifacts should be copied some where but I'm not sure
> how to do that.

Timely question!

We're almost done with a project to move the build artifacts to a static
web server, where we plan to keep them indefinitely.  The artifacts in
jenkins do have an expiration (currently about a month), and we actually
want to drastically shorten that because long build histories cause
performance problems in jenkins.

When we're done with the build log archiving project, we'll change the
links that get reported to Gerrit to point to the new locations.  Since
you have a use for them right now, you can construct them yourself and
start using them for these bug reports.  The structure is:

  http://logs.openstack.org/CHANGE/PATCHSET/PIPELINE/JOB/NUMBER/

So the base URL for the above job would be:

  http://logs.openstack.org/11755/2/gate/gate-tempest-devstack-vm/8798/

You could link directly to the n-cpu log like this:

  http://logs.openstack.org/11755/2/gate/gate-tempest-devstack-vm/8798/logs/screen-n-cpu.txt

But you may want to stop short of that; we might end up gzipping the
logs before we're done rolling this out.

Alternatively, if this doesn't sound quite solid enough yet, you could
probably attach the log to the bug report.

-Jim