openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Tempest Gating

On 09/13/2012 12:42 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
Brian Waldon and I discussed this today. We came up with an idea which is to have the tempest run on stable/<last-release> during the dev cycle, and after the last milestone turn it on during the bugfixing phase. The potential disadvantage of this approach is that it could potentially make bugfixes a little harder to get in, but it might help make things more stable.

Definitely worth a discussion at the summit.

I think that would be a great idea. I'm still not convinced we need to fully give up on tempest running fully on normal commits. Post Folsom release / pre summit, I'm going to take some time to dive into the problem. The nose auto parallelizing isn't currently working, but some manual approaches might.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center