Re: Allocating dynamic IP to the VMs

The basic troubleshooting steps for L3 mapping are :
1. make sure your DNAT/SNAT entries have been populated correctly (using 'iptables -t nat -L -n ) 2. monitor your qg-XXXXX interface making sure SNAT is working properly (using 'tcpdump -i qg-XXXX -nn) and checking that you actually have *two* TCP requests with the same id (the first one with the private IP, the second one with the public IP) 3. make sure you activated ip_forward in /etc/sysctl.conf and either reboot or sysctl -w the value (and restart quantum-l3-agent in this case)

If these 3 steps are OK, then you have a gateway issue, not related to Quantum.

-Sylvain