Re: The OpenStack Community Welcomes Developers in All Programming Languages

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM, John Wong <gokoproject@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any way we can punish these people in the future? Ban them?
> Actually, ban doesn't work on public IRC....
>
> If this happens again, we should just mention their irc nicknames. Some of
> them reuse the same name on other IRC channels.
> Why don't we have this in oUR faq? Or do we already have it in the faq?

While banning is certainly possible, I recommend considering it a last
resort as much as possible. It's better to try to get people to change
their attitude to be more helpful than to remove them from the community
entirely.

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong