Re: The OpenStack Community Welcomes Developers in All Programming Languages

On 06/12/2013 05:01 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
On Wed 12 Jun 2013 01:19:50 PM PDT, John Wong wrote:
Is there any way we can punish these people in the future?

Let's be clear: we're *nowhere* near having to think about using such
measures.

I would like to focus the discussion on how we can help developers
discover and use the existing SDKs for OpenStack. At this stage I think
it is much more important to encourage conversations around consuming
OpenStack than to threat people contributing on IRC.

I agree with what Christopher/radix said before, that one step is to
have more volunteers that hang out on the IRC channels regularly and
are helpful.

Other ideas?

I'd just +1 on the "more volunteers" front. We could deputize some folks to make sure they pay attention to the channel and voice them in it. The reality is that with so many channels, #openstack tends to get forgotten by most of the -dev community, so having a concerted effort to have helpful people in there seems like the best approach.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net