p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: CIS of rules (GSoC)

> Malicious peers will be smart and they can perform different types of
> attacks.
> Keep in main that the goal  is to check the efficiency of  STrPe and
> STrPe-DS against those type of attacks.

The first step is to implement STrPe. I think that the malicious peer which
will just send poisoned chunk (000..00) is enough for evaluating STrPe. (am
I right?)

We have to agree about what experiments (number of malicious peers, type of
> attacks, etc) are needed to check the results and your code.

It's ok. I will prepare plan asap.

It is rare the system go down for 5-10 sec. What is the environment you are
> checking it?

MacOS (yosemite); I run splitter, monitor and peer. When system is going to
down, the vlc out the error messages like *can't decode timestamp.
But it occurs from time to time, ie today morning all was ok =) And I just
check it again, all was ok.

Thanks!