From: Petko <pditchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ubuntu Papercuts Ninjas <papercuts-ninja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2013 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Papercuts-ninja] Hello to everyone

On 01/28/2013 01:18 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Unity is certainly a complex build, mostly because the dependencies keep changing so fast. During the Raring cycle, there was supposed to be work done to make checking out and building the entire Unity stack a one-line command. I'll find out what's happening with that.
>
> Rhythmbox will certainly be easy to build. I'll get a video of that sorted out this week.
>
> Chris

Hey , I'm curious how's it going , because I want to get started , but I know I'll struggle if I'm not using the right tools . I've done quite some programming ,but not compiled someone elses code . I have a Launchpad , I can setup bazaar and pull the source . I just need some example as to how you choose the tools .
Is there much difference in which IDE you choose ?
Where do you get the dependencies ? ("teach the man to fish" instead of giving him a ready dependency list)
Is there a batch link/setup operation that I should know about ?

Those are the basic questions , I don't mean to be tedious , but I really want to try it out and I guess anyone who's done it once can give those hints .

Petko