pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Next release of pyexiv2

Hi Olivier,

On 2010-11-28, Ponchaut Olivier <videoporama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> in fact pyexiv2 is already used in release 0.8.0 (There is mention of
> pyexiv2 in the file GlobalDefines.py at release 170 ... version 0.8.0 is
> equal to svn release 230) (This is the reason why pyexiv2 is required in
> ubuntu package).

I should have proof-read my e-mail before hitting send… By "pyexiv2 is
supported", I meant version 0.2, which has quite a different API from
the 0.1 series, meaning that it’s not backward compatible.

> The current svn version of videoporama is not ready to be published yet.
> I wanted to released it in the beginning  of 2011.

If videoporama 0.8.1 is ready in time for Natty, great. If not, that’s
ok, we could still backport the changes to support pyexiv2 0.2 into a
patch to the debian package for 0.8.0. I reckon that wouldn’t be too
much work. I’ll put it on my list and experiment with it when time permits.

Thanks for your feedback,

Olivier