pytagsfs team mailing list archive

Re: pytagsfs image support

While there is no comment in code, I have difficulties to understand how the
code is organized and I would not spend much time doing reverse engineering
than coding.

1) Could you confirm that the metastores is the interface with file we would
sort.
And so, we can activate metastore with option "pytagsfs -o  metastores=..."

2) What is the purpose and how do you use "path.py" and  "testline.py"
metastore ?

3) Could you confirm that the "get" method is used to read keywords from
file given in path

4) Could you confirm that the "set" method is used to write keywords within
file given by path

5) What is the type and organization of variable "values" in get and set :
list, tulp or dict ?

6) Is there other method than "get" and "set" which must be programmed ?

7) How and where the format string is managed ? Are substitution sequence
also defined in metastore ?

Regards

Cyril

metastores=pytagsfs.metastore.path.PathMetaStore,pytagsfs.metastore.py
   >    exiv2_.PyExiv2MetaStore ...
   >
   >    (I use the underscore to make sure we don't have module name clashes
   >    with the
   >    pyexiv2 library.  I think this may only be an issue with Python 2.5
and earlier,
   >    but I don't remember.)
   >
   >    You could also place your implementation somewhere else on the
Python
   >    path.
   >    Just adjust the dotted name specifying the metastore implementation.
   >
   >    > Program I downloaded has no comment. Where can I download a
   >    commented
   >    > version ?
   >
   >    True, pytagsfs code is a little slim on comments.  I prefer fewer
comments
   >    with
   >    clearer code over too many comments -- comments have to be
maintained,
   >    after
   >    all.  But patches adding reasonable code comments are welcome.
Patches