python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

Re: timeline for eventual announcement

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I woke up this morning with ideas about how UnitQuantity could derive from
> object, and would have a dimensionality property but Quantity would not. I'm
> just beginning to experiment, but I think I have a pretty good idea of how
> it all fits together conceptually. I'll publish a branch if it works out.

I've decided to abandon this attempt. The code is getting really squirrely
on me, practically every unit test is failing. Most importantly, the various
pieces just don't fit together easily like they do in the trunk. I'll push
the branch to launchpad so there is a record, but I've made my decision
about the fate of dimensionality. It stays.

Darren