quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Running quickly applications outside ubuntu

When Quickly was conceived, we pictured handling scenarios like this by
making a new template, like "cross-platform-application" or something.
You'd want to remove dependencies on desktopcouch as well, I guess.

Anyway, I'm not saying that creating a new template is specifically the
right thing to do, but I will say that introducing  the user to any
complexity in order to fulfill this scenario is the wrong thing to do.
Quickly is meant to make it easier to write a certain type of
application. If we over generalize it, and then push choices onto the
user, then we've lost sight of the goal of the project.

Cheers, Rick