quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: ANNOUNCE: ubuntu-qt-template ubuntu-qtquick-template

Hi everybody, Ciao Angelo!

Sorry I haven't the time for testing your template yet. By the way, few
comments:

On 24/05/2012 10:13, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
>     Qt Quick app template
>     ---------------------
>     • Question: how do you edit the animation?
>

> Right, I've not added that to the design command, fixing asap.

Angelo, in my template the design command is already working (not tested
with 12.04 yet, but I don't see why it shouldn't work). You just need to
copy this file in the root template dir:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~xdatap1/+junk/quickly-qtquick-template/view/head:/qtquick-application/design.py

>     • I'd suggest creating a separate package for the template, so that it
>     can be installed separately and backported to Ubuntu 12.04. You can have
>     a look at the 'quickly-unity-lens-template' and
>     'quickly-ubuntu-template' packages for examples on how to package
>     separate templates
>

> I'm not strong in ubuntu packaging, I can make a dedicated branch and
> opening a new project, if anyone wants to help here, i'm really grateful.

Also, my template was already packaged. Debian dir is available here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~xdatap1/+junk/quickly-qtquick-template/files/head:/debian/

It's a really simple package, I can help you maintaining the package if
you need it.

Shall we meet in IRC and discussing how better merge the two template?
Which time is better feasible for you?

Ciao!
--
Paolo Sammicheli