quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: Fwd: Proposal: Abstract hosting service from project templates.

Le 09/08/2012 14:19, tony byrne a écrit :
Hi Didier
  I have a use case for -t. I have a command in my toolbox template
that removes launchpad from a project. This way my ubuntu-application
template can remain up to date and it's easy to remove launuchpad from
a project.

quickly create ubuntu-application foo
cd foo
quickly -t toolbox nolaunchpad

If you remove -t what workflow should I use to patch a project to
differ slightly from stock template but keep getting bug fixes to the
template?

It seems what you want to have is some kind of post_create hooks.
We discussed in the first hangout to be able to have hooks per projects and per templates.

I think in you case, you will have a hook like <folder that needs to be determinated>/ubuntu-application/post_create.py Meaning that each time you run quickly create ubuntu-application, this script will be run.

Does it answer your need?

(Other use case for hooks are: quickly release -> tweet about the new release that just happen and how awesome it is :)).

Cheers,
Didier