quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: Fwd: Proposal: Abstract hosting service from project templates.

Hi Didier
 That sounds just what I need. Can I request you leave -t available ?
quickly -t <template> add <command>
allows a script to run from any template at any time on any project.
Alternatively allow the post_create.py to be called at any time
(effectively the same).

 I know this flexibility is not a quickly goal, however consider the
case where you are developing a post_create.py. The need for it will
probably occur during a project development. So it would be nice to
call it and debug it then. If it can only be called during create the
developer will be slowed by this long loop.

quickly create <template> <project> (relatively slow)
examine project for bugs
edit post_create.py
close nautilus <project> folder (tedious)
close editor (tedious)
delete project folder
quickly create <template> <project> (relatively slow)

A better approach would be
quickly create <template> <project> (relatively slow)
cd <project>

# begin loop
create post_create.py
call post_create.py
examine project for bugs
bzr revert
edit post_create.py

This could be achieved by using the same api for post_create.py that
quickly add uses,  allowing -t and developing post_create.py inside
any template.