Re: [Question #209853]: Is Sikuli development dead or what?

RaiMan posted a new comment:
@ j-the-k
--- info about the java-only-sikuli-api ...
... all that is available you find following the link  "Sikuli Java API" at http://lab.sikuli.org/
The plans are to create a (currently with Sikuli Script not compatible API), that allows others to create wrappers in Java aware script languages like Jython, JRuby, Scala or even Clojure.  When the new API is stable, we will refactor Sikuli Script, to use it internally (e.g. get rid of native OpenCV).  There are also plans for a new IDE, but as far as I know Tom, this will something totally different from what we now know as Sikuli IDE ;-)

--- my plans
I plan to have a new version of Sikuli Script (which is fully compatible) ready at end of November. Many current bugs will be fixed especially with the IDE and the top level API, and many enhancements to make things easier and less complex. I will not touch the native layer fundamentally in the first run (only bugs that are obvious). But I want to have it with OpenCV 2.4 and Tesseract 3. It will be useable on Windows and Mac with Java 6 or 7. Wether the new version will be tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) I cannot promise.

If you want to do something, that helps me:
Have a look at the READ.ME at https://github.com/RaiMan/Sikuli12.11 from time to time (e.g. once a week), I will now start to document, what I have fixed, changed and added. Same goes for the zipped javadoc, that should give a good impression whats going on on the Sikuli Script API level.
Pls. feel free, to leave any comments there.