Re: First step in switching graphics cards: Running Stamina mode only

"Der Eva sei ein trulala..."

I tested sony-laptop-zseries-0.3 and 0.4 on my VGN-Z11WN with Ubuntu 8.10 (2.6.27-11-generic).

(path for module: /lib/modules/2.6.27-11-generic/kernel/drivers/misc)

Stamina-Mode works great. Power consumption came down to 13,5W!
(800Mhz-Mode, powertop, slightly dimmed backlight)
This means approximately 4h battery life.

I tried to get the Nvidia working, but without success.
On boot only the Stamina-LED switches on.

greets,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------