Re: Nvidia/Intel switching and energy saving

Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
>> Yes, but if I want dynamic switching using the stamina-speed hardware
>> switch I need to load the module with speed_stamina=3.
>
> ... and you can always switch speed/stamina via sysfs. no need for additional
> modules.

I really don't understand the use of the sysfs control to switch from
speed to stamina (and viceversa). What happens at hardware level if I
physically switch the hardware button? Which hardware is automatically
influenced by this action? I understood that it was just an hardware
button and that the software (sony module and our scripts) are supposed
to apply the changes. I is not clear to me.

Mario