Re: switch-x-to.conf / sony-laptop problem with 2.6.31-15 kernel

Hi Nifty,
hi @ all,

I don't want a 'holy-war' either, so I will only answer to your
technical question, not to the 'mood' inspired issues ;-)

Am Mittwoch, den 11.11.2009, 17:35 +0300 schrieb Nifty:
> .... So what is the difference between "static" option
> selected in BIOS by hand
> and static option selected by "software switch"?

OK, just because you asked me:

Boot with Kernel comandline acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" does not only
switch the DSDT in the hardware (which is the part you are talking
about) but changes the acpi-behaviour of the running kernel as well:

open a shell, run acpi_listen
switch the speed-stamina slider

with acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" this is inactive, without it is active.

that has deeper impact cause I have linked scripts running with this
acpi-event for my own purpose which should stay inactive while running
the right kernel-comandline/DSDT

Regards,

Raphael