Re: vaio Z 3G Modem

>Is that only a specific series of the Z, or better

> a specific WWAN module?

Can't tell if it's Z specific because I haven't looked at DSDT tables for other models. It's not specific to the wwan module.
It's just a change in the dsdt table, in older versions there were 2 methods you can use to detect the presence of the wlan, wwan, wmax and bluetooth devices and the one that the sony-laptop module uses was removed.
The other one is still there and my patch changes the module to use it.

> Maybe one can even do that automatically based on some PCI device checks.

There is some code in the module to detect the presence of a specific ACPI call but in this case it's the same call with different argument so I don't know if we can do something to autodetect it.