Re: vaio Z 3G Modem

On So, 15 Nov 2009, vick wrote:
> It's just a change in the dsdt table, in older versions there were 2 methods you can use to detect the presence of the wlan, wwan, wmax and bluetooth devices and the one that the sony-laptop module uses was removed.

So it means tht it happens only on laptops where the BIOS has not been
updated, right.

Anyway, I have pushed some changes to the git repository so that you
can give the module paramter
	alt_rfkill=1
which will use this alternative method of quering.

If someone can test the current git sources on one of those laptops
that wouold be fine.

> There is some code in the module to detect the presence of a specific ACPI call but in this case it's the same call with different argument so I don't know if we can do something to autodetect it.

I was thinking that if it is model specific one can check the model, but
as far as I understood this is a question of age of bios.

Thanks a lot

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
MOFFAT (n. tailoring term)
That part of your coat which is designed to be sat on by the person
next of you on the bus.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff