Re: VGN-Z51WG_B

Hello Parthiban,

Am Mittwoch, den 16.12.2009, 11:14 +0000 schrieb parthi:
> Yes, i have win 7 which came long with the lapto but i rarely use it
>
> my bios version is R5030M3

Ok, that one is known as making trouble:
http://www.mail-archive.com/sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00826.html

> the brightness key does work under win7

Of course it does. it is the default one.

> well let me see if removing it completely helps

No, not the Windows installation is causing the troubles, it is the
BIOS.

> any other that you can suggest?
>
> most of the time i'm on speed mode and plugged in only during travel i
> use stamina mode ...
>
> if i can get nvidia to work that will be very good .. its not a big deal
> but will be good
>
> thanks
>
> parthi
>
> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 11:48 +0100, Raphael Gradenwitz wrote:
> >
> > Maybe best you can do is downgrading your BIOS to R2168M3 or equivalent.
> >
> > Maybe your brightness keys won't work under Windows 7
> > I don't know more since I have Vista installed and no Windows 7 and my
> > BIOS works.

this will (maybe) happen AFTER a BIOS downgrade.
I don't realy know what BIOS will work on your Z51WG, you will have to
find out yourself. Maybe it is in the Windows XP downgrade pack:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_EN&m=VGN-Z51WG_B&os=6

but that is only guessed from my side. You are on your own. Maybe
someone else have more experiences with your hardware.

Regards,
Raphael