Re: VGN-Z51WG_B

Hello Parthiban,

You have too options on the Z5 with win7:
1) use the old bios (R4040) too use nvidia with linux. when you boot up win7
with that bios in speed mode, the screen will get messed up (kinda like
every second pixel line is missing). Stamina mode is fine, though.
2) use a new bios for win7 (R4043, R5000+) win7 will work fine, but nvidia
will not work under linux. with nvidia 173 it kinda works: the funny,
colorful screen appears while ubuntu is booting, but as soon as kdm shows
up, everything is fine. 173 has no vdpau or cuda though.

What I do: I use bios R4040. I boot windows only once a month. when I do, I
use it in stamina mode. when I have to use it in speed mode and windows
(gaming) I just flash it with R5031. when I'm done I just flash back. I
don't really know if the whole
flashing-can-go-terribly-wrong-and-you-may-end-up-with-a-brick thing is
still on in modern computers, but I'm hoping not. ;)

br,
   Patrick