Re: sony_laptop

I have quite the same power consumption using directly the nvidia.

I tried to boot EFI application in order to access bios too. I managed to
display the grub_rescue prompt one time, booting from an usb key after
having disconnected the hdd and optical drive, but I had an error about the
filesystem.

I've tried 2.6.34-rc3 and 2.6.34-rc3-git5 on debian but it doesn't work for
me. I have a kernel panic with i915.modeset=0 and a black screen + system
freeze otherwise. Did you made secial edits to the .config ? I have taken
mine from debian 2.6.33 and only activate vga_switcheroo.

Xavier.