Re: possible problem with sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np7

Hi Knuth, hi all,

On Fr, 17 Sep 2010, K. Posern wrote:
> Why don't I get an acpid event for Fn+F5 (event:0x10), but only for
> Fn+F6 (event:0x11)?

No idea.

> /usr/src/linux/drivers/acpi/bus.c gets called... but seemingly my acpid
> never receives any "sony/hotkey" events. Why could this be?

No idea, here on my laptop I *do* get acpi events for both Fn5 and Fn6.

Can you try the attached sony-laptop.c which is in my devel branch?

> Ok... I didn't look in the header file... One does need the:
> 	Deprecated /proc/acpi/event support
> 	CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT

Ok, didn't realize that this is deprecated.

> But as I stated before: The FNF6 does get passed along without this
> kernel option using the input layer ... I am now looking into this

I guess it has to do with the ACPI rubbish Sony is doing by
permanently changing from one model to the next.

> So why does the input_event call for FN+F6 (471) gets processes, but not
> for FN+F5 (470)?
>
> If you can: Please just a little hint .... and Thanks!!

Sorry ... no idea as it works here ... hard to reproduce.

Best wishes

Norbert
YONDER BOGINE (n.)
The kind of restaurant advertised as 'just three minutes from this
cinema' which clearly nobody ever goes to and, even if they had ever
contemplated it, have certainly changed their mind since seeing the
advert.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff