Re: 10.10 after using Janitor script nvidia ok but intel does not work

Hi Romuald,

Am Samstag, den 19.03.2011, 15:41 +0100 schrieb Romuald Janik:

> Reboot in Speed mode works ok. Reboot in stamina brings me to text mode.
> The xorg.conf is correctly pointing to an intel version of xorg.conf.

Delete (rename) your xorg.conf for intel (/etc/X11/xorg.conf.intel or
how you named it), that one is not necessary

> However the Xorg.0.log shows that nvidia is being loaded (????!!!!???)
>
> What could go wrong?

A lot ;-)

> What should I check?

Try this:
If you start in stamina mode and you come in a console, login with your
credentials, enter this:

sudo switch-x-to intel

and reboot

If still not starts an x-server enter this in the console:

sudo start gdm

or

sudo restart gdm

If that does not work, please send me trace files. You may find them
in /var/log/sony-laptop-zseries

You can ask me if you need help to produce trace files.

Regards,
Raphael
--
Raphael Gradenwitz

*** GnuPG-FP: 3FEC B9A0 E784 F9B9 8AFA ECD3 EBE1 4E73 B309 66B4 ***