Re: ANy experience with battery lifetime?

On Di, 24 Mai 2011, Piotr Zalewa wrote:
>> Is that the acpi_call thing?
> Yes - it is that

Ok.

>> Then if you use the latest sony-laptop-zseries module from me it should
>> work the same way.
> Is it more "feature rich"?

Well, if you compile it it will be loaded automatically into the kernel,
and you get rfkill support for your hardware switches (and can use
my rfkill gnoem applet to control them),  and if you have
spare time you can help debugging and finding the right way to turn of
the CD drive etc ;-)

> Is this the "core" source?
> http://gitorious.org/sony-laptop-zseries/sony-laptop-zseries

Yes.

> I don't see much difference in setting the backlight from 100% to 10% -

Really???? Did you run the test long enough? I would expecet a bit
more.

Best wishes

Norbert
`What's been happening here?' he demanded.
`Oh just the nicest things, sir, just the nicest things.
can I sit on your lap please?'
`Colin, I am going to abandon you to your fate.'
`I'm so happy.'
`It will be very, very nasty for you, and that's just too
bad. Got it?'
`I gurgle with pleasure.'
                 --- Ford and Colin the robot.