Re: VPCZ2?

G'day,

Below I have included my script to set the synaptics settings which works
acceptably for me. I would like to have the time to work on the xorg
synaptics code to better support the "click" touchpads like the Z2 - but
with this config most things I need work.

Basically, I:

   - Disable Taps on the main touchpad area
   - Set very big bottom corner tap zones to cover the left and right button
   areas on the touchpad
      - Note - a single finger tap in those zones activates the appropriate
      button - it is not necessary to "click" the touchpad
   - Single finger Depress (click) the touchpad anywhere activates a left
   mouse click
   - Two finger click anywhere is middle-mouse click
   - Three finger click anywhere is right-mouse click
   - Two fingers to scroll - and set the friction on two finger scrolling
   very low (suits me).
   - Tap and touch on left button zone to initiate drag&drop (I usually use
   left hand index finger). Drag using right hand index finger anywhere on
   touchpad. Tap anywhere to finish the drop.

The sensitivity and feel of the touchpad is really very nice.

You can read a little more of my experience with ubuntu natty on the Z2 at:
     https://lists.launchpad.net/sony-vaio-z-series/msg02256.html

Note that suspend, intel video, blutetooth, wlan, brightness and audio
controls and microphone all work fine out of the box with default 2.6.38-11
kernel. When booted while docked, the radeon (and all the dock hardware) is
detected fine (I have not tried X on the radeon yet). However, booting while
docked sometimes causes a 30 second timeout at boot on the Marvel storage
controller in the Dock (I haven't tried any of the workarounds yet). Docking
while booted does not detect the new hardware present.

 #!/bin/bash
<<EOF sed 's/^#.*$//' | sed 's/ *= */=/' | xargs synclient
    LeftEdge                = 2900
    RightEdge               = 4000
    TopEdge                 = 1620
    BottomEdge              = 3900