Re: VPCZ2?

Norbert and Nicklas, Thank you for your help and input. I have compiled a
new kernel, 3.1.0-rc6 with the vaio patch, and I disabled sparse_irq while I
was at it. No other patches. And now I have brightness control, power
consumption is much better, ctro+alt+f2 works, suspension works with an
external monitor attached (wierd), Hibernate does not work. It just logs me
out and blanks the screen. If I move the mouse a login screen comes on.

Still troubling, WWAN doesn't work, fingerprint reader doesn't work although
it may just be a detection thing that I will look into. I can't seem to get
the media dock external video card working either.

One final thing that is really wierd is that when I am on battery and I
leave the usb mouse alone for a minute, it requires a click to get it to
move, without it the cursor doesn't respond and the laser light is off. I
think it might be a laptop-mode setting. i will have to look into that as
well.

But thanks again for the help! This is a HUGE improvement.

DoTheDog