2. Dimming the panel to almost the lowest level

On linux:

1. Running kernel 3.1
2. Patching it with the "vaio full 3.0" patch - i believe it's part of the sony laptop module as well 3. Installing laptop mode tools and assuring that my CPU never goes higher than 800 mhz when on battery
4. Adding the following to grub: pcie_aspm=force i915.i915_enable_rc6=1
5. dimming the display

Hope it can help you in troubleshooting :)

/Nicklas

On 2011-11-07 16:43, Dupain Nicolas wrote:
Hi there, hi Konstantin

On AC, I got
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          charging
present rate:            12 mW
remaining capacity:      47500 mWh
present voltage:         12440 mV

and disconnected
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          discharging
present rate:            1330 mW
remaining capacity:      47500 mWh
present voltage:         12208 mV

I confirm the 3 hours of battery life, which is slightly higher than what I get in W7 (but where are the 7 hours sold?!)

I looked at the way you advised me but I can not implement it because it is to compile the kernel and the Sony module when I installed the kernel 3.1 by the PPA.
I will continue as soon as possible, if I find the right handling.
Thanks for advise.

By.

2011/11/5 Konstantin Osipov <kostja.osipov@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kostja.osipov@xxxxxxxxx>>

    * Dupain Nicolas <nicolas.dupain@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:nicolas.dupain@xxxxxxxxx>> [11/11/05 13:50]:

    > After modify grub adding "pcie_aspm i915.i915_enable_rc6=1",
    this is what i
    > found in /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info
    >
    > design capacity:         47510 mWh
    > last full capacity:      47510 mWh
    > battery technology:      rechargeable
    > design voltage:          11100 mV
    > design capacity warning: 4751 mWh
    > design capacity low:     1 mWh
    > cycle count:          0
    > capacity granularity 1:  95 mWh
    > capacity granularity 2:  95 mWh

    /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state:
    present:                 yes
    capacity state:          ok
    charging state:          discharging
    present rate:            10185 mW
    remaining capacity:      47510 mWh
    present voltage:         12213 mV

    > Now, I get about 3 hours.
    >
    > I dont' have install sony-laptop-module because I'm stuck at the
    > compilation stage
    >
    > Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/sony-laptop-
    > zseries/0.9np8/source ->
    >                  /usr/src/sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np8

    I didn't bother with dkms, got the sources from github, make, make
    test, make install.

    Actually, on my current kernel, I just patched the sources
    as instructed here:

    > DKMS: add Completed.
    > nicolas@nicolas-Vaio:/usr/src$ /etc/init.d/dkms_autoinstaller start
    > bash: /etc/init.d/dkms_autoinstaller: Aucun fichier ou dossier
    de ce type
    > Normal, it is located in /usr/lib/dkms ?

    Didn't try.

Nicolas Dupain