team-scandraid team mailing list archive

Re: Raw outline ScanDraiD library

> > - added Rectangle struct
> > - ScanlineParameters now has a ClipRect variable
> What is that need for ?
An object does not cover the whole area of an image, therefore the scanline
also does only cover a part of the image. With the clipping rectangle you
can discard parts of the image outside this rectangle. Which will make analysis
faster and reduce the number of artifacts in the end.

> > I lake the MeshBuilder class idea, although we will have to think about
> > how we can make sure we can output both Vertex data and Mesh data.
> > Possible a 3D app that uses the lib as an addin would like to use the
> > "raw" vertex data and apply a mesh itself.
> > One idea that comes to mind is that MeshBuilder inherits from
> > VertexBuilder.
> Maybe we should offer both Vertex and Mesh to the user of the library.
> I only think that also creating a mesh from scanline-vertices can be
> quite tricky and depending on the scanned object and different
> algorithms for connecting vertices to faces can result in a better
> quality mesh.
> That is way I thought also a 'Meshbuilder' might be a interesting
> piece of code/research ...
We definitely need to offer both Vertex and Mesh output. But since Mesh relies on
the Vertex output, I thought that Mesh could inherit from Vertex. So all
Mesh should do is extend Vertex functionality. From the library
perspective, all you do is to create the MeshObject instead of the
Vertex object, and supply some additional parameters.

Darius