team-scandraid team mailing list archive

Re: Raw outline ScanDraiD library

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 11:37 +0200, arno wilhelm wrote:
> > - added Rectangle struct
> > - ScanlineParameters now has a ClipRect variable
> Ok think I have got it:
>      this way you can select an area of the picture that is going to
> be scanned for Scanline ?
>     Good idea !
It does exactly that yes.

> Maybe we could also use a brightness parameter (or even a color?)
> parameter for scanning the pics ?
> I mean then you could only consider certain pixels and disregard others ?
This is possible with what you call a convolution matrix, when you
convert from RGB to gray-scale. We could expose this convolution matrix
to the user of course, but the question is what would be the gain? I'm
no expert in this field, so I can't judge well on this. Perhaps you have
a resource or paper on this?
In the end it's also about, how complex you would like to make the lib
for usage.

Darius