Re: Compressed image file with ToriOS, forked from: custom tarballs

On 05/27/2015 11:57 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-05-27 14:35, Israel skrev:
>> ..
> Hi Israel,
>
> The iso file is not changed. What is the best way to test things?
>
> Should I install a plain system (no tweaking) from the current
> ToriOS-beta.iso, boot into then installed system and then
> update/dist-upgrade it?
>
> Or is there some other method?
>
> Would it be possible for you to provide a tarball with exactly the
> properties you want us to test (That you upload such a tarball)?
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi Nio,
I will rebuild and let you know.  I have been busy with real life things
the past few days, and I have been improving my battery applet.  It has
a fancy drop down menu and a battery information screen.  I almost have
it fully working the way I want.  Plus it uses HALF the memory of
xfce4-power-manager and looks roughly the same.  There are no real
configurations, but as a simple indicator that works (and can suspend or
hibernate the computer from its menu) I am quite pleased with it.
I may rewrite the shutdown dialog to be incorporated with this program,
as I am writing it in C and using the UPower API, rather than shell
script dbus commands from c++ using system().  That said I have had some
issues building the package for it.... I have tested it on two laptops
(by manually installing and compiling) and it monitors the battery very
well!!

-Israel
ToriOS Team