Re: Yet again, ToriOS 1.0 Milestones

On 06/13/2015 07:24 AM, Israel wrote:
On 06/12/2015 04:07 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

On 06/12/2015 10:14 PM, Israel wrote:

Hi Ali
(inlines)
Hi,

..
Yes please, kindly rename it as Beta and there should be only one Beta ISO showing here with its MD5SUM:
http://phillw.net/isos/torios/

Thanks!

P.S.
What about the release manager/QA Lead?
Hi,
Hi,

Is this still beta?
If you were asking about what stage are we at right now? then yes, we are still in the Beta and did not yet hit RC.

Who is release manager/QA Lead?  I didn't know we had one if we do?
Is that Jack?
We had NO release manager nor QA Lead as of this very moment.

Basically the team from what I know is:
Nio and myself as developers.
Nio, Jack, Interprog, Ali and myself as testers.
Paul and Sam as documentation.
Geoffery occasionally helps with development/documentation and whatnots.
Artwork is handled by Rafael (background, logo, mkusb logo i think ), myself (themes, plymouth, etc..) and Nio (icons for his programs)

I think you run the web page, but I don't know for sure.

It is a team work and effort, I'd care less about the titles or tasks, to be honest. But in order to clear/reduce any kind of confusion, I'd use my skills and experience in whatever area needed. That said, I think we must have a release manager/QA Lead as a point of contact in case of need + to organize any future work/task.

With ToriOS 2.0, I hope we could have more improvement on the community/team but let's now focus on 1.0 :)

It is important to have a point of contact and it is not good to not have someone as Release Manager/QA Lead. It is not about the title but about the task itself.

-Israel
ToriOS Team

--
Ali/amjjawad