Re: More testing of the current iso file

Den 2016-06-02 kl. 20:18, skrev Israel:
On 06/02/2016 01:00 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was
not provided by any .service files
Hi Nio,
This might be the main issue here, but I am not entirely sure.

On another note the ISO is now down to 706MiB.
I could try to remove imagemagick/screenie (screenie is very small by
itself... 3KiB) to get it down a few more.
All of the ToriOS programs together represent 239 KB (this is the
volume, battery, software run dialog, firstrun, screenie, locate dialog,
volume control scripts, shutdown/reboot/hibernate/suspend dialogs,
startup DE script, autostart script, etc...) So I am doing as much as I
can to remove extra stuff and still retain functionality.

I removed grub and installation worked fine.
ztweaks I think is required by OBI currently

The next choices to cut are:
network-manager in the live CD (if we make a script to do the same thing)
jwm-settings-manager (if we rewrite the program in script/perl form or
simply remove it from the live session)
fladduser from the base OS (if we write a script to do the same thing,
this is not present in the live session)

My vote is the settings manager from the live session... who needs to
configure the live session to their liking anyhow?

Thoughts??

I agree Israel,

With such a stripped down live session, there is no reason to keep the settings manager.

I don't think that the OBI is using ztweaks. How should it use it? It is there is 'firstrun' and in the menu, but not in the OBI-installer. Maybe you are thinking of some other script, for example zmktbl (which we should keep).

If you remove mkusb you can also remove the packages that mkusb depends on (unless used by other packages, that you keep. For example, the OBI-installer uses zenity, so you cannot remove it). Is there still an option to run the OBI-installer with dialog in text mode?

I started a test to find the highest possible compression of the tarball. It does need more RAM (65 MiB compared to standard which I think is 8 MiB, which might be a disadvantage for very low RAM) ... It seems you already have the highest possible compression, -9e.

How well have you cleaned the tarball? Can any big chunk be removed from it - what has the lowest priority in relation to its size?