From: Torios-dev <torios-dev-bounces+jackdtrice=outlook.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 18 November 2016 23:19
To: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Torios-dev] v83 testing in VB Re: JSM 2 update (as well as minor ToriOS stuff update)

On 11/18/2016 05:02 PM, Israel wrote:
On 11/16/2016 02:06 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:

Hi Israel,

Yes, I can get desktop shortcuts to appear as you suggested but on logout/login or reboot they disappear again.

Cheers,
JackT.
Hey Jack,
After much looking around, I think I may have fixed the issue.
We shall see :)
Revision 399 will be building/uploading soon for torios-desktop
It *should* fix this issue, as well as add more logging functionality
Once the update installs you will have a log file in either
/tmp/torios-desktop.postinst.log
OR
~/.torios-desktop.postinst.log
I think the other changes (more adequate searching for the user... or defaulting to something pretty sane) should fix it.
If not.... I can try something else.
Please let me know how it works for you.  I will be testing it as well.

Hey Jack another update.

Revision 400 had a bit extra to format the log file, and I added another check which I think will work in Debian specifically.  This really should fix it.

2016-11-19