From: Torios-dev <torios-dev-bounces+jackdtrice=outlook.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 20 January 2018 10:11 PM
To: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Torios-dev] (Was Re: OBI update) New Testing ISO!

Hi Nio, quick update on looking into those issues:
On 01/20/2018 03:43 PM, Israel wrote:
> Hi Nio,
> Thanks for the detailed notes!!
> (inlines below)
>
> On 01/20/2018 02:45 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> a. I first started the default way, but when I found that it would
>> install to the whole drive, I said 'no' and then tried to select
>> advanced mode. It failed (nothing happened). This is a bug.
>>
> Weird.  This is a big bug.  I will look into this.  It should be a
> simple fix (I hope)
I think I found the issue here.  But I wont know for sure until I do
some testing.  But I may have cleared this problem up (it was mostly due
to using a localized variable)
>> Then I quit the installer and restarted it. Now I could select
>> advanced mode.
>>
>> b. Installing the bootloader I presume: The window for selecting
>> target device does not tell what is to be installed (I think it used
>> to tell that it was about the bootloader, now only 'select device -
>> and continue'). After selecting it tells what it is all about, but
>> that is too late :-P
>>
> Hmmm... ok this should also be an easy fix.  The text of the dialog
> should give advice on which device to install to.  But I may have made
> things less clear.
I accidentally removed the title from this script when trying to add the
code to display the root device things are installed to.  It was an easy
fix, and a simple mistake.

I will look into rebuilding things, making them smaller and getting rid
of the sudo issue.

launchpad.net
The Core team of Developers for ToriOS packaging. http://torios.top/

Post to     : torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx