Re: The Technical Side of ToriOS

Hello team!

I want to share the current results. Ali and the Ubuntu GNOME team gave me a
lot of help for this. As for now, I have modified a script from Ubuntu GNOME
before they went an  official flavour. You can download it from my Google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KBmyjlQESwRGFYNEhsN3FPLVk/edit?usp=sharing

Most things are commented or self-explanatory. You need the original Ubuntu
iso for this (mostly for conf files and needed .debs that are on it).

Run it, for example with:

sh live-cd-script.sh customize i386 ubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386.iso

That assumes that the Ubuntu iso is in the same directory. Just to mention,
only JWM will start, nothing else (Wicd, Rox-Filer for the desktop
background). For this, we need some JWM configs. With that you are able to
experiment. It is actually based on 14.04, for 12.04 some things are different
- but no big magic. Now, just some thoughts:

* 14.04 would be (in my view) a better way to start. For example, JWM in 12.04
is unsupported. The same for Rox-Filer and other stuff. In 14.04, we don't have
to care about that, at least for a bit more than one year from now. After that
we have to fix that stuff ourself.

* Is someone able to create a Plymouth theme? There are also needed: some
replacement pictures for Grub2, a desktop wallpaper.

Thanks for your time, mates!