Re: Last update today :P

Den 2014-12-27 14:22, Jack T. skrev:
> On Sat, December 27, 2014 12:56 pm, Nio Wiklund wrote:

>>> Hi Israel, Nio,
>>>

>>> I did most of the setup documented by your most recent email (apart
>>> from Seamonkey) and can't get past the login screen (see picture
>>> link)...I enter a good username and password then the box pops up as
>>> shown...any clues what's needed?
>>>
>>> Thanks, JackT.
>>>

>>> http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_from_2014-12-27_12_30_32-OeCi1APb.png
>>>

>> Hi Jack and Israel,
>>

>> I'm preparing a tarball (using mktbl in ToriOS) from a minimal text
>> based system with network-manager. If it works (that the network is
>> portable) in another computer, I'll upload the tarball.
>>
>> name: precise-mini.tar.xz
>> user: guru
>> password: changeme
>>

>> Then you, Israel, can download it, install it with the OBI, and then
>> stuff if with ToriOS, and make a ToriOS tarball (I hope) ;-)
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>

> Hi Nio, Israel,
>
> Great thank you Nio.  I made progress and got my ToriOS session working
> finally...I switched to lightDM login greeter and found TorioS as a
> session selection...looking forwards to a tarball...bye for now...JackT.

Hi Israel and Jack,

I have uploaded the tarball precise-mini.tar.xz

user: guru
password: changeme
md5sum: 81d3580078eb9c26382c06683e13f86d  precise-mini.tar.xz

to Phill's server

http://phillw.net/isos/one-button-installer/tarballs/precise-mini.tar.xz

I made it using mktbl in ToriOS.

The bad news: I failed to install it (into another computer for testing)
with ToriOS. It did not synchronize the entries in /etc/fstab with the
partitions created: wrong UUIDs, and the second partition was not a swap
partition. I could repair it and make it working, so I know that I could
solve the problem.

The good news: I succeeded in installing it (into another computer for
testing) with the standard OBI version 2.5, available via

sudo -H mkusb dd_blank-obi_7.8GB_25_LubuntuTrusty_nonpae.img.xz

I hope it helps, Israel.

-o-

Later on we can check if something needs to be done to make ToriOS
install from the tarball you create.