Re: Last update today :P

On 12/27/2014 08:56 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel and Jack, I have uploaded the tarball precise-mini.tar.xz
> user: guru password: changeme md5sum: 81d3580078eb9c26382c06683e13f86d
> precise-mini.tar.xz to Phill's server
> http://phillw.net/isos/one-button-installer/tarballs/precise-mini.tar.xz
> I made it using mktbl in ToriOS. The bad news: I failed to install it
> (into another computer for testing) with ToriOS. It did not
> synchronize the entries in /etc/fstab with the partitions created:
> wrong UUIDs, and the second partition was not a swap partition. I
> could repair it and make it working, so I know that I could solve the
> problem. The good news: I succeeded in installing it (into another
> computer for testing) with the standard OBI version 2.5, available via
> sudo -H mkusb dd_blank-obi_7.8GB_25_LubuntuTrusty_nonpae.img.xz I hope
> it helps, Israel. -o- Later on we can check if something needs to be
> done to make ToriOS install from the tarball you create. Best regards Nio
Hi guys,
the thing I forgot was /etc/slim.conf
That needs to be edited to make the session work... sorry I just have
been so much in this stuff I forget the things that may need to be done :)

As for the OBI in the ToriOS ISO not installing correctly... is the OBI
2.5 different from the one I have?  If so please indicate what needs to
be done to update it.  I want the OBI available in the repos to work
correctly in all situations, so I would like to have it up to par for
anyone to use with any tarball.

I have used that version of OBI to install on computers.  I am
downloading your tarball now, and I am also doing something else.  I
found a program called Wifi-Radar in the repos.  It is actively
developed and may provide a good solution for us.  NetworkManager can be
troublesome for certain people, as it basically wants to control
everything related to networking (which can be problematic for server
situations where you want to control what each device is and keep them
up, etc....)

So I'll let you know how this goes on my end.  And I'll also test
installing the tar you uploaded :)

-Israel
ToriOS Team