Re: The Networking Issue

Hi again :)

On 12/29/2014 10:18 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

> In our case with ToriOS, we started to build the system from Mini ISO
> by adding the needed few packages we wanted.

*Not the Mini ISO at all.*

Just a chroot installing packages.

Basically I add the basic deboostrap.
Then I add the packages needed to add a PPA.
Then I install
torios-core
torios-desktop
numix-gtk-them
numix-icon-circle
jwm-settings-manager
jwm
mkusb
and

whatever network tool

Here is the control file from the torios packages.. it lists everything
that is installed

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~torios-dev/torios/trunk/view/head:/debian/control

p.s.
basing from Mini ISO did not fix the issue, so I have not pursued it.

>> I am fairly convinced that the issue is the session
>> missing a certain configuration.  NetworkManager (NM) possibly needs a
>> polkit rule, or something similar to this.
>
> Something like:
> policykit-desktop-privileges
>
> ?

maybe.... I think that one is installed.... I'll have to test this.. I
know I have tested that out before, my brain is getting a bit frazzled..
i studied too much about xsessions :)

>> The upstart script is
>> installed (the same ones) so, I think the normal session managers or
>> lightdm(?) pull something in that makes NM work correctly.
>
> I think I understand what you mean.
>
> Is it because we have no real DE installed?
> Is it because of the login manager?
> Both, perhaps?

The startup script I made should be helping (on the DE side)
lightdm may also start the needed things...  but if we can find the
needed things... we can even just use xdm again... or anything for that
matter...  the startup script has done a lot to improve things.

-Israel
ToriOS Team