Re: What to Test (Was: jwm-settings-manager update)

Den 2015-01-03 22:46, Jack Trice skrev:
> Hi Nio,
>
> One difficulty I found using OBI to access tarballs to download from the
> new 'torios' branch on phillw.net <http://phillw.net> was that it only
> seemed to access one directory where all the old non-ToriOS tarballs are
> located.  I couldn't make it download from anywhere else so I got
> creative, broke into a terminal level and did a 'wget' from the new
> 'torios' directory on phillw.net <http://phillw.net> and moved the
> desired torios tarball to ~/tarballs for OBI to use.
>
> Regards,
> JackT.

Hi Jack,

Yes, that's a good idea, except for me. I can get them locally via sftp
or via a pendrive from my production computer ;-)

- Downloading must be fixed in general even if we want only one tarball
in ToriOS, to make it available after getting ToriOS via the ppa.

- If ToriOS will be distributed only via an ISO file, the tarball will
be included, and downloading will not be an issue.

Furthermore the precise versions are not compatible with the trusty
versions (actually raring+), so we need different repositories, a
separate one for ToriOS (precise) and the standard OBI (trusty).