Re: ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso testing

The message I saw made me think that if i pressed [return] my hard drive would get wiped, so i aborted installation. Now I hear that if i had gone further i'd have had a chance to make a new partition and install torios there.

[g]

-----Original Message----- From: Nio Wiklund
Sent: Wednesday, 07 January, 2015 17:50
To: smile4ever@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: George DiceGeorge ; torios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Torios] ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso testing

Den 2015-01-07 18:46, Smile4ever skrev:

---- Aan vr, 02 jan 2015 22:38:35 +0100 Nio Wiklund<nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> schreef ---- > Den 2015-01-02 22:18, George DiceGeorge skrev:
 > > OBI said:
 > > [
> > When you run this installer, a new operating system will be installed,
 > > AND
 > > the device will be formatted and
 > > ***** COMPLETELY OVERWRITTEN ******]
 > >
 > > so I aborted the install.
 > >
> > But now youre saying that there will be an option to run gparted manually
 > > like ubuntus have  had for years...
 > >
 > > Good.
 > >
 > > Maybe I'll wait for the next version and try again,
 > > i want something that i can start using on all my pcs.
 > > And I want to help with torios user interface,
 > > not programming.
 > >
 > > [george]
 >
 > Hi George!
 >
 > Installing operating systems is always risky, and I think it is
 > important to tell people what is going to happen. If they are not very
 > careful and install to the correct drive or partition, there may be a
> disaster. Too many people cry for help at the Ubuntu Forums because they
 > have overwritten their Windows and their not-yet-backed-up personal
 > documents.
 >
 > If you want to help us test ToriOS during this development phase, you
> are very welcome. But if you want to wait for the next version, the beta
 > release, you are very welcome too :-)
 >
 > Best regards
 > Nio
 >
 > --

Hi Nio

What about this? I think this is more beginner friendly:
"Please make a backup of important files before installing this operating system, because the device will be formatted and completely overwritten"

Kind regards,
Geoffrey De Belie / Smile4ever

Hi Smile,

Thanks for the feed-back :-)

I have high-lighted your mail and will think about it for the next
version of mkusb and the OBI.