Re: zmktbl improvements(Was: Re: [Torio s] zsync time)

On 04/21/2015 01:26 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-04-21 20:21, Israel skrev:
>> Hi Nio,
>> can we not write to the Windows partition?  I don't fully understand why
>> we would *not* want to write to it.  If it is a separate /dev/sdX it
>> should be fine to write to, but we cannot write to the /dev/sdX we are
>> copying.  That is the only real limitation I see.  But if you have
>> really good reasoning that I am missing (I dislike using windows... so I
>> rarely ever do it unless I have to update BIOS or defrag, etc..)
>
> Hi again,
>
> In installer mode, yes we are happy to write to a Windows partition
> (overwriting Windows). But in tarball making mode, I don't think we find
> a suitable system source unless there is a linux filesystem.
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi Nio,
Oh, I see for the source..
I was thinking along the lines of destination...
I am still thinking about giving the users the ability to mount drives
from zmktbl like we had talked about earlier in the 'lsblker' process :)
Yes you should hide it, but if we do end up adding a mount option, if
you give something like:

while test $# -ne 0
 do
  case $1 in
    write-mounter)
    # display windows
    ;;
    read-mounter)
    # hide windows
    ;;
    esac
done

This way if you or I decide to add the mounting ability we don't have to
recode... it will be there already.

-Israel
ToriOS Team